Hashtag # Hero
Reaching the Explore page on Instagram is the #1 goal of using Hashtags. That’s how you can get hundreds, if not thousands, of new likes and followers from a single post.
Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags per post, so don’t let that space go to waste. Maximize your chance of hitting the Explore Page by using all 30.
Specifically, you should use them in the following way.
- 10 Smaller Hashtags (10,000 to 50,000 total posts)
- 10 Mid-size Hashtags (50,000 to 200,000 total posts)
- 10 Large Hashtags (200,000 – 2,000,000 total posts)
If done right, and with great content as well as a little luck, you can see so much engagement that the algorithm decides to give you a shot at the Explore page.”
To find the best hashtags:
- Best Hashtags – a site for mining hashtags
- Find influencers within your niche that have had a post on the Explore page and copy their hashtags
- Find an appropriate hashtag, search it on Instagram, then take note of the “related hashtags”
- Look up your competitors and see what they’re using
Finally, remember to rotate hashtags with each post. Save a few good lists of 30 hashtags in your phone’s notes so you can keep them ready to go.